Frequently Asked Questions?
Click the APPLY NOW button, fill out our easy online platform, and enter the loan amount you wish to request ($1,000 – $20,000). Loan offers may vary for several reasons including income, employment, individual circumstances, and other factors. If you receive a loan offer, it MAY NOT match the amount you requested.
Our standard Criteria:
- You must be 18 years and over
- You must be a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or hold a valid working VISA.
- You need to receive ongoing income for three months consecutively of at least $500 a week (we cannot lend to beneficiaries).
- A mobile phone with access to the internet.
- A valid e-mail address
- A personal bank account (Active for atleast 3 months)- where your pay gets credit on a regular basis.
- You must complete an online application (no application over the phone)
- You need to have a valid ID (Passport or New Zealand Driver’s License)
(Hippo Cash holds the right to change these criteria, and decline application for any valid reason.)
We cannot confirm how long it will take us to assess your application but rest assured that our team is working there best to provide an outcome on the same day.
But it will only take 7 minutes of your time to enter a few personal details in our online platform. If we need any more details or information regarding your application… Our friendly customer service team will contact you.
Here at Hippo Cash we pride ourselves in processing your loan within the same-day to ensure customer satisfaction. “Same-day” refers to the 8 hours allowed in a normal business day.
Depending on the time you applied, the volume of applications and if you have supplied all the required documents, does not include weekends.
For example, application received Thursday 4:00 pm, and under normal circumstances. Customer should expect to receive a decision the following business day
The loan document will be sent to you via personal email… You will be required to electronically sign and return.
We do not contact your employer unless it is necessary to confirm some details which is crucial to our decision about your loan.
Bad credit can be considered as a factor in assessing loans, but this is not just the only basis for our decision. As a responsible lender, we just want to make sure that we give loans to people who can commit with this responsibility seriously.
Trust and security is our #1 priority. Our online platform is digitally encrypted, which means no outside people can access your information.
There is no guarantee that you will be approved but we will try our best to help you.
Procedure for making a complaint
We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional level of customer service. However, if you feel we’ve got it wrong, please let us know by contacting us on 0800-110-389 or by email at email@example.com
Upon receipt of your complaint, a complaint handling representative will respond acknowledging your complaint within 2 business days. The complaint handling representative will investigate the information provided by you and all other relevant information. We aim to resolve your complaint within 8 business days from the date your complaint is received. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as soon as possible, however, a longer timeframe may be required, depending on the nature of the complaint. In the event of delay, you will be kept fully informed of our revised response time, which will be no longer than 15 business days.
Our complaint handling representative will duly respond to your complaint (using the contact details provided), providing a summary of their findings.
Unsatisfied with the resolution of your complaint?
If you’re still not satisfied with the resolution or clarification offered by our compliance team, you can contact our independent disputes resolution scheme operated by Financial Services Complaints Ltd (“FSCL”) and approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.
FSCL is an independent External Dispute Resolution (EDR) scheme approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs under the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008. It has been set up specifically to deal with disputes arising out of financial products and services. It operates independently to finance industry groups or consumers and therefore acts as an unbiased intermediary for each.
FSCL MAY BE CONTACTED AT:
Phone: 0800 347 257
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur after you have taken out a loan that may result in difficulty with your repayments. We have an avenue called Unforeseen Financial Hardship, which could help in situations like these.
You are eligible to apply for unforeseen substantial financial hardship if:
1. You have not been in default for more than 2 months; and
2. You have not missed 4 or more payments; and
3. You have not previously applied for hardship in the last 4 months (unless your current application is due to materially different reasons than the last application); and
4. The cause of your financial hardship was NOT reasonably foreseeable to you at the time you took out the loan.
Hippo Holdings Limited understands that circumstances can change unexpectedly. If you are suffering unforeseen hardship due to illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship or any other reasonable cause, and you believe that this will make it unreasonable for you to meet your obligations under your loan contract, then you should get in touch with us immediately to discuss the matter and any alternative arrangements available to you.
For those who qualify for financial hardship, an extension of the loan term and/or a postponement of the dates on which payments are due under the loan will be made available.
You may not be eligible for unforeseen financial hardship if:
1. You were terminated for misconduct or contract breaches, or
2. Your fixed term/temporary contract was due to finish during the term of the loan; or
3. You would be made redundant, or
4. You would go on paid parental leave (due to pregnancy or partners pregnancy); or
5. You needed an operation due to pre-existing medical condition
6. You exceed the legislative follow up time frames for your hardship application; or
7. You have exceeded the length of default/consecutive missed payments allowed
Even if you are unable to make a hardship application (as you don’t meet the criteria or timeframes set out in the CCCF Act), we still want to hear from you to discuss your situation. We can work with you to make your future loan repayments more manageable. Feel free to call one of our repayments solutions specialists on 0800-110-389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in need of financial advice or budgeting services, you can contact: MoneyTalks and there is no cost to use their services
Phone: 0800 345 123